This Winter dish can be served from December 25 – March 20. It is ideally served at breakfast on Christmas.
Cook Time: 35 Mins
- Chicken breast 1
- Barley 9 oz.
- Sago 2 oz.
- Oatmeal 1 1/3 Cups
- Onion (sliced) 1
- Ginger/garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Green chillies (chopped) 4
- Cilantro (chopped) as required
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Soak barley, oatmeal, and sago in separate bowls.
- Put oil in a pot on low flame and fry onion till it softens.
- Add ginger/garlic paste and chicken breast.
- Cook till chicken turns white.
- Drain barley, oatmeal, and sago and add salt, along with 1 1/3 cups water.
- Cook on low flame.
- When gravy starts to boil and becomes a little thick, add 2 cups water and leave to cook on low flame.
- Stir continuously when all the ingredients are well combined, and porridge, sago and barley are fully crushed, to keep from sticking at the bottom.
- Remove chicken breast from the pot, hammer it fine and put it again in the pot.
- Add black pepper, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Take it out in a dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.